Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome to a world of wonder...



Geoffrey Chaucer - from the Ellesmere MS circa 1400

Welcome to this this the third of my new blogs (See links & blogs) The first being about my life as a storyteller and the places that I tell, and the second about my earlier job as an historical interpreter.

As you will see from the profile on my other storytelling blog, I have had a varied career, but have been traveling the land and telling stories for a living for over six years. I like to think that I wander the land, bringing wonder wherever I go. A wandering wonderer by trade! I specialize in historical tales from England, although many of these were influenced by much earlier tales from the Middle East and other far off lands that were brought over by sailors and soldiers during the times of the crusade and later exploration. The stories vary from five minute silly 'gests' that were popular in Tudor times, to the thirty minute epic based on Saxon and Viking myth or Medieval Arthurian Legend. I tell something for everyone, from the serious to the sad, to the silly and many a bawdy tale beside. Stories that would make even Chaucer himself blush! And like Chaucer I have adapted earlier tales to suit a modern audience. For like all storytellers..

I Grow New Corn From Old Fields!

All the different types of tale I tell will be included in this blog, although you must understand that the written versions do not do the told versions justice - Stories I think are best heard. That said, I hope you enjoy this selection of my tales, some of which are old favourites of mine whilst others here have yet to be told. So..

Harken Unto My Words & Hold Your Tongues For I Have A Blog To Write!

No comments:

Post a Comment